Learn more about what we do
Early Learning Specialist Open Position
Position: Early Learning Specialist
Supervisor: Children, Youth and Families Program Manager
Department: Children, Youth and Families Department
Position Status: Full time (Temporary)
Description: The Early learning specialist is a person who conduct the home visiting for the Parent child plus program. The position requires traveling from home to home to visit the culturally matched families assigned him/her be the department. He/she needs to have excellent communication skills to communicate with the entire HOAS team, the families, and all stakeholders.
Early Learning Specialist’s Duty Includes the Following, But Are Not Limited to:
• Visit his/her assigned families twice a week, for thirty minutes each visit.
• Brings VISM (book or toy) to the family during the introductory visit each week.
• Models the appropriate ways to verbally interact with the child using that toy or book.
• Reviews the book or toy during the second visit each week.
• Creates an atmosphere in which the parent feels comfortable in participating.
• Respects the role of the parents as their child’s first most important teacher.
• Writes an anecdotal report for each home visit, keep the paperwork up to date and reports before deadlines.
• Attends the weekly staff meeting led by the coordinator.
• Works independently and responsibly; not behave as a teacher, counselor, therapist, babysitter and others.
• He/ She shall perform any additional assignment given by the immediate supervisor.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in working with kids.
• AA or AS degree required.
• Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven.
• Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced.
• High proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
In addition to the listed duties and responsibilities all HOAS employees shall expected to enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Salary/Income: Hourly rate with benefits.
To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected] [email protected]
Application deadline: August 5, 2022