Learn more about what we do
Volunteer Coordinator and Afterschool Tutor
Position: Volunteer Coordinator and Afterschool Tutor
Position Supervisor: Program Manager Position Department:
Department: Children, Youth & Families
Position Status: Full-Time
Position Description: A Volunteer Coordinator and after school tutor helps organize all aspects of volunteering, from recruiting new volunteers to promoting opportunities for people who want more hours in their schedule. He/she is also responsible for keeping managers and directors informed on administrative changes, schedules, and continued training requirements for volunteers. He/ she will provide after school tutor with strategies and help them so they can succeed in school. He/ she will closely work with the afterschool program coordinator and overtake the responsibility in the absence of the coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assess the volunteer need of each HOAS departments and work with program managers. • Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques (college and universities, companies, organizations, and individuals)
• Collect information on availabilities and skills of volunteers and interview each candidate and run their background check.
• Arrange for appropriate training and cultural orientation as needed.
• Produce schedules for everyday activities
• Assign responsibilities to the right people for continuing work and/or special events
• Coordinate teams of volunteers for actions
• Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
• Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments
• Coordinate the daily after school activities with the afterschool program coordinator
• Coordinate the activities of the afterschool program and collect data and attendance.
• Help students learn by reviewing content and find remedies on how to solve problems.
• Help students to complete homework and reviewing the completed work.
• Must report program activities biweekly.
• He/shall perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in working in related fields.
• AA or AS degree preferred.
• Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven.
• Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced.
• High proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Experience in volunteering locally and/or internationally
• Experience in recruiting through various channels.
• Have a pleasant, outgoing personality and enjoy working with all children.
• Must have a dependable means of transportation.
In addition to the listed duties and responsibilities all HOAS employees shall expected to enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday (Between 10AM-7PM) Salary/Income: Hourly rate with benefits.
To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected] [email protected]
Application deadline: August 5, 2022